This Privacy notice relates to our privacy practices in connection with our business and our website. Allpets Veterinary Hospital fully respects your right to privacy and we will not collect any personal information about you without your knowledge. Any personal information which you do give us will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
1. Type of Personal information that we collect:
We collect personal information relating to you, including your:
- Postal address;
- Email address;
- Telephone number(s);
- Animal names and information regarding your pet (Breed, age, micro-chip number, animal history etc)
- Any other personal information that you choose to provide to us when you make contact with us.
- Via our website: Information automatically logged; your IP Address, browser’s user agent, and referring address
- Via our website: name & email address should you input those detail in the ‘contact us’ page of the site.
- In relation to Pet Health Club; client Direct Debit details
2. How we obtain/collect the above personal data:
- From you over the phone
- Face to face in clinic
- In writing from you (postal and email)
- When a payment is made via card, the cardholders name may sometimes appear on the card receipt slip automatically. However, full the card number is always automatically hidden. Full card numbers are never held electronically or otherwise by us.
- Via our website:
- A user can access our site without providing any information at all. However, services that currently require some form of sign up include a submission of the form on the contact us page. The information collected here is inputted by the user and can include an email address and name plus other contact details they
- Information Automatically Logged: your IP address, browser’s user agent, and referring address
- Our Website contains some links to other Internet websites. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, including such sites‘use of any personal information.
3. The reason why we collect and retain your personal data and how we use it:
- To register you as a client – account set up and maintenance
- To maintain our relationship with you whilst you are a client
- To provide agreed services and goods to you and your pets
- For invoicing purposes
- For processing pet insurance claims to your insurance provider
- To communicate with you, including to respond to information requests /enquiries submitted to us by you
- To help us investigate any complaint you make and respond to same
- To provide evidence in any dispute or anticipated dispute between you and us
- Via the website: Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information.
- Via the website: your IP address, browser’s user agent, and referring address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our website and to identify unique users. We do not follow a user’s browsing path outside of our websites.
- Via the website: The details you provide in the ‘contact us’ page, are used solely for the purpose that you have intended it for – General query, Appointment booking, prescription ordering or to ask our vets and to allow us to respond to your information requests /enquiries.
4. Storage of your personal information
We only collect the minimum amount of personal data necessary to conduct our business.
We follow generally accepted standards to securely store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored.
Website: You can access our site without providing any information at all.
However, services that currently require some form of sign up include a submission of the form(s) on the “Contact Us” section of the website. The information collected here can include an email address and name plus other contact details provided by you. Any emails sent to us and any messages received through our online contact form are recorded and forwarded to the relevant section. The senders email address will remain visible to all staff tasked with dealing with the query. Please be aware it is the sender’s responsibility to ensure that the content of their emails/messages is within the bounds of the law. Our website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Allpets cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems as per GDPR guidelines.
5. How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is collected. When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
- Guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
- Legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time; for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
Otherwise, we securely erase your information once this is no longer needed.
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Legal basis for processing
In terms of the legal bases we rely on to process your personal information, these are as follows:
- Its use is in accordance with our ‘legitimate interests’;
- We have a duty of care to our client’s animals which includes: treatment reminders: (annual vaccinations, Flea/Worming reminders, dental/weight checkup reminders etc), Healthcare/welfare updates: (Pet healthclub reminders/updates, insurance reminders/updates, weight watcher clinic / senior clinics / puppy clinics reminders/updates, medication/food collection reminders).
- Its use is necessary in relation to our Pet services (appointment reminders, surgery reminders)
- For management of your account (including processing payments and debt collection) and our relationship with you and communicating with you in relation to your pet.
- For our internal business purposes which may include processing for the purposes of: record keeping, investigating and responding to queries and complaints,
- Its use is in accordance with ‘Consent’;
- Where you provide consent or have explicitly consented to the using of your data (including special categories of data) in a specific way. For example, we use consent forms prior to all our surgical, dental and euthanasia procedures. Please note you may withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data at any time by completing a withdrawal form available from reception.
7. Do we ever share with third parties and on what basis might we do so?
There is provision within our veterinary software system, that allows us to exclude your personal data when sharing the clinical histories of your pet and this will always be utilised where possible. It may be necessary from time to time to share your data with specific third-party provider(s);
Example’s of third parties we use are as follows:
- Other veterinary professionals; for referral appointments / treatment advice purposes for your animals.
- Veterinary laboratory’s – eg to process blood samples, allergy testing on your pets behalf
- Your Pet Insurance company to enable claims to be submitted on your behalf
- Pet food companies (example Hills food, Royal Canin, Calibra) who operate a loyalty scheme(s) that you have enrolled in, so that they can award you with money off coupons or a free bag of food – in accordance with the terms and conditions applicable to that scheme. Please refer to each companies individual privacy policies for further information on how they may process your data.
- Our software provider “Teleos Systems Ltd” in relation to support issues
- Our accountants, auditors, solicitors or similar advisers when we ask them to provide us with professional advice
- Any other third parties, if authorised specifically by you to do so.
8. Your rights
The following section explains your rights:
- The right to be informed
You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Privacy Statement.
- The right of access
You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information (if we’re processing it), and other certain information (similar to that provided in this Privacy Statement) about how it is used.
- The right to rectification
You can ask us to take reasonable measures to correct your personal information if it’s inaccurate or incomplete. E.g. if we have the wrong surname or address for you.
- The right to erasure
This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your personal information where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected or processed. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions, e.g. Compliance with a legal obligation or where we need to use the information in defence of a legal claim.
- The right to restrict processing
You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your personal information when we are assessing a request for rectification or as an alternative to erasure. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal information, but may not use it further.
- The right to data portability
In some circumstances, you may be entitled to obtain your personal data from us in a format that makes it easier to reuse your information in another context, and to transmit this data to another data controller of your choosing without hindrance. This right only applies where processing of personal data (supplied by the data subject) is carried out by automated means, and where you have either consented to processing, or where processing is conducted on the basis of a contract between you and the data controller. This right only applies to the extent that it does not affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- The right to object
You have the right to object to certain types of processing of your personal data where this processing is carried out in connection with tasks in the public interest, or under official authority, or in the legitimate interests of others.
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making
Automated individual decision-making is a decision made by automated means without any human involvement. You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
9. How to exercise your rights
If you would like to make a data access request (which is free of charge) you may contact our Office of the DPO by the following means:
By email: email@example.com
By post: Attn: Data Protection Officer, Allpets Veterinary Hospital, Unit 4, Bloomsbury Centre, Donore road, Drogheda, Co.Louth
By Phone: (041) 9810000
We will respond to all requests, inquiries or concerns within thirty (30) days.
You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Data Protection Commission. Complaints to the Commission should be made in writing and addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or The Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois. The Data Protection Commissioner also operates a helpdesk function, which is contactable at 0761 104 800 or LoCall 1890 252231 More information is also available on their website: www.dataprivacy.ie
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any changes we make in the future, will be posted on our website at www.allpets.ie (the Website). Please check back regularly to see any updates or changes to this Notice