COVID-19 Hospital Update 29/07/2020
If you (or any one you are in close contact with) are experiencing any symptoms of covid19 as stated by the HSE – please do not visit the hospital. If you are effected & think your pet may need an appointment to see one of our Vets, please contact us for advice on 0419810000 and we will endeavour to assist.
The Irish Government has said Ireland is now in Phase 3 of the Roadmap for Reopening Society and Business.
In following Government COVID19 Work Safely Protocol and under directive from the Veterinary Council of Ireland; we had to introduce significant measures at Allpets Veterinary Hospital, in order to ensure client and staff safety, these measures are currently still enforce.
Our staff are currently split into two smaller teams, working separate shift patterns in order to stay open for your pets. As a result, our opening times have changed to 9am – 7:30pm Mon-Fri, there is no change to Sat (9am-5pm).
We appreciate your co-operation with social/physical distancing during this period of time.
In the Phase 3 period of Government guidelines, If you are coming to the hospital during the COVID19 period, please note the following:
- We are still operating on a complete Closed Door policy basis. There is no public admittance to the hospital.
- We would ask that only one person per household comes to the door to collect items / drop off your pet – Please stay at a distance from the door, outside the lines on the ground & we ask that you wear a facemask. This is to ensure your safety and also that of staff. Our staff will give you further direction at this point.
- We ask that where possible, you pay via card – this is to reduce the handling of cash and to reduce waiting times outside of the hospital.
- If you are visiting for an appointment – please pay special attention to the reminder text or email (if booked online) as this will give you check-in instructions for your apt
WHAT WE ARE DOING:
- Vaccinations (See note below)
- Surgeries (Prioritised by urgency/those that where on waiting list)
- To treat genuine emergency appointment cases (Please phone for appointment)
- Collection of prescription medication
- Collection of Food Orders
FLEA AND WORMING TREATMENTS
If your pet is due either of the above treatments:
Please email email@example.com tell us the name of your pet and your address. Let us know if you think there has been a change in your pet’s weight (particularly with puppy/kittens) since your last dose – as we may need to adjust the treatment given accordingly.
Our staff will then prepare these and can contact you to take payment over the phone and the items will be ready for collection. However, in order to reduce un-necessary journeys, We are happy during the Covid-19 period, to post these to your address please let us know if you would prefer this option.
Note re: Annual Booster Vaccinations
As a result of COVID19 all booster reminders were on hold and all appointments deferred. As of 11th May, we began to catch up on our backlog of vaccinations. This must be done in a safe and controlled way to minimise risk to our clients and our staff, as a result we are operating special Vaccination Clinics for Booster Vaccinations and puppy & Kitten Vaccinations.
The special vaccination Clinics are running Mon – Thur with appointments available 2:30pm – 5:45pm. These are operated from the Back entrance of the hospital by a special team of staff who are completely separate to front of house staff – it is for this reason that we would ask for payment via card where at all possible.
Our vaccination waiting list has been cleared & Our reminder notification service has begun again and are sent via email daily – please check your spam folder incase our email is missed. If you are aware your pet is due vaccinations within the next month, please Book ONLINE by selecting “annual vaccination” or “puppy/kitten vaccination” from the list [*any vaccine apt booked under “consultation” & outside of the special vaccine clinic times (noted above), will have their apt re-scheduled to the next available one within the special clinic times]. Alternatively you can call the clinic on 041-9810000 to book an appointment.
If you book via phone or email: A reminder SMS message will go out 24hrs prior to your apt.
If you book via online: A reminder EMAIL message will go out 24hrs prior to your apt.
Please follow the instructions on these messages for specific check-in details. On your arrival for your appointment; please remain in your car and phone the special number to check-in [we are still operating a closed door policy]. Staff will then give you further instructions.
WHAT WE ARE STILL OPERATING WAITING LISTS FOR:
In adhering to the Veterinary Council of Ireland guideline’s re COVID19, We are temporarily deferring some non-essential routine appointments/Operations:
- Nail Clips [These can alternatively be done by your local groomer]
- Routine Dental treatments
- All nurse clinics incl weight watchers, senior & puppy checkups
Please email the clinic (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to be added to our callback list, for any of the above appointment types. We will be completing these callbacks once we are in a position to accept bookings.
FOOD AND PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION ORDERS:
Each day we are experiencing a high volume of calls and emails in relation to orders, Our staff are working hard in these difficult times, to arrange your orders. We are currently experiencing some delays with supplier orders and some items may take longer then normal to source and have delivered to us, for you. We would like to thank you for your patience during this time.
Please follow the guidelines below when placing an order:
- Please email (email@example.com) in advance (24hrs) to order. Please include your pet name. This will allow us time to prepare the items, so that they are ready for collection.
- Please pay via phone in advance of collection where possible, to reduce waiting time outside the hospital.
- On arrival at hospital to collect items; staff will greet you at the door, they will request the name of your pet and ask what you have ordered (meds or food / both).
- Please wait outside (at a safe distance from the doorway) while staff get your items for you, please also maintain a safe social/physical distance from other people on que (if there is one)
- If your items are not pre-paid, payment will be taken at the door – where possible please pay via contactless payment and staff will then give meds/food out to you
We appreciate your understanding during this time.
Click edit button to change this text.