COVID-19 Hospital Update 18/05/2020
If you (or any one you are in close contact with) are experiencing any symptoms of covid19 as stated by the HSE – please do not visit the hospital. If you are effected & think your pet may need an appointment to see one of our Vets, please contact us for advice on 0419810000 and we will endeavour to assist.
The Irish Government has said Ireland is now in Phase 1 of the Roadmap for Reopening Society and Business. However, the message remains the same – you should still Stay At Home as much as you can because the measures are working.
In following Government COVID19 guidelines and under directive from the Veterinary Council of Ireland; we had to introduce significant measures at Allpets Veterinary Hospital, in order to ensure client and staff safety.
Our staff are currently split into two teams, working separate shift patterns in order to stay open for your pets. As a result, our opening times have changed to 9am – 7:30pm Mon-Fri, there is no change to Sat (9am-5pm).
We appreciate your co-operation with social/physical distancing during this period of time.
As we move into the Phase 1 period of Government guidelines, If you are coming to the hospital during the COVID19 period, please note the following:
- We are still operating on a complete Closed Door policy basis. There is no public admittance to the hospital.
- We would ask that only one person per household comes to the door to collect items / drop off your pet – Please stay at a distance from the door, outside the lines on the ground. This is to ensure your safety and also that of staff. Our staff will give you further direction at this point.
- We ask that where possible, you pay via card – this is to reduce the handling of cash and to reduce waiting times outside of the hospital.
WHAT WE ARE DOING:
- Vaccinations (See note below)
- Surgeries (Prioritised by urgency)
- To treat genuine emergency appointment cases (Please phone for appointment)
- Collection of prescription medication
- Collection of Food Orders
- We have introduced online video consultations for our clients for non-urgent, sick/ or injured patients who can be triaged via video call. These appointments operate on an appointment only basis and can be booked via our online booking system or by calling on 0419810000. Please note payment for these appointments is strictly by card only.
FLEA AND WORMING TREATMENTS
If your pet is due either of the above treatments:
Please email email@example.com tell us the name of your pet and your address. Let us know if you think there has been a change in your pet’s weight (particularly with puppy/kittens) since your last dose – as we may need to adjust the treatment given accordingly.
Our staff will then prepare these and can contact you to take payment over the phone and the items will be ready for collection. However, in order to reduce un-necessary journeys, We are happy during the Covid-19 period, to post these to your address please let us know if you would prefer this option.
Note re: Annual Booster Vaccinations
As a result of COVID19 all booster reminders were on hold and all appointments deferred. As of 11th May, we are beginning to catch up on our backlog of vaccinations. This must be done in a safe and controlled way to minimise risk to our clients and our staff, as a result we are releasing a limited amount of appointments per day for Booster Vaccinations and puppy & Kitten Vaccinations.
Priority has been given to those who were on our waiting lists and will be followed by clients whose pet vaccinations are overdue since Mid March. Our reminder notification service has begun again and are sent via email daily. If you are aware your pet is due vaccinations, please email us to book an appointment.
On arrival for your appointment please remain in your car and phone the clinic to check in for your appointment as we are still operating a closed door policy. Staff will then give you further instructions.
WHAT WE ARE STILL OPERATING WAITING LISTS FOR:
In adhering to the Veterinary Council of Ireland guideline’s re COVID19, We are temporarily deferring some non-essential routine appointments/Operations:
- Nail Clips
- Routine Dental treatments
- All nurse clinics incl weight watchers, senior & puppy checkups
Please email the clinic (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to be added to our callback list, for any of the above appointment types. We will be completing these callbacks once the COVID-19 restrictions have been fully lifted & we are in a position to accept bookings.
FOOD AND PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION ORDERS:
Each day we are experiencing a high volume of calls and emails in relation to orders, Our staff are working hard in these difficult times, to arrange your orders. We are currently experiencing some delays with supplier orders and some items may take longer then normal to source and have delivered to us, for you. We would like to thank you for your patience during this time.
Please follow the guidelines below when placing an order:
- Please email (email@example.com) in advance (24hrs) to order. Please include your pet name. This will allow us time to prepare the items, so that they are ready for collection.
- Please pay via phone in advance of collection where possible, to reduce waiting time outside the hospital.
- On arrival at hospital to collect items; staff will greet you at the door, they will request the name of your pet and ask what you have ordered (meds or food / both).
- Please wait outside (at a safe distance from the doorway) while staff get your items for you, please also maintain a safe social/physical distance from other people on que (if there is one)
- If your items are not pre-paid, payment will be taken at the door – where possible please pay via contactless payment and staff will then give meds/food out to you
We appreciate your understanding during this time.
Click edit button to change this text.