COVID-19 Hospital Update 05/01/2021
If you (or any one you are in close contact with) are experiencing any symptoms of covid19 as stated by the HSE – please do not visit the hospital. If you are effected & think your pet may need an appointment to see one of our Vets, please contact us for advice on 0419810000 and we will endeavour to assist.
The Irish Government has implemented Level 5 restrictions countrywide.
As an Essential service provider, we remain open and are available to you and your pets.
However, in following Government COVID19 Work Safely Protocol and under directive from the Veterinary Council of Ireland; we had to introduce significant measures at Allpets Veterinary Hospital, in order to ensure client and staff safety.
Our staff is now split into two teams, both work in different sections of the Hospital, on different shift patterns and there is no cross over of staff. As a result, our opening times have changed:
8:30am – 7:30pm Mon-Tue-Wed- Fri
8:30am – 7:00pm Thur
There is no change to Sat (9am-5pm).
We know that this is a difficult period of time for everyone right now; your co-operation with social/physical distancing and with the guidelines we have implemented is greatly appreciated.
If you are coming to the hospital at this time, please note the following:
- We are operating on a Full Closed Door policy basis.
All visits are strictly by APPOINTMENT ONLY, we cannot offer any walk-in services during this time.
- Only ONE PERSON per household can be accommodated at the door to collect items / drop off your pet – Please stay at a distance from the door, outside the lines on the ground & we ask that you wear a facemask at all times during your visit. This is to ensure your safety and also that of staff. Our staff will give you further direction at this point.
- We ask that where possible, you pay via card – this is to reduce the handling of cash and to reduce waiting times outside of the hospital.
Medication and food collections can be pre-paid over the phone to reduce waiting times at collection.
- If you are visiting for an appointment – please pay special attention to the reminder text or email (if booked online) as this will give you check-in instructions for your apt.
We ask that you arrive on-time for your appointment and if you are delayed for any reason please phone ahead to let us know.
- If you are bringing your cat to an appointment – please ensure you have sanitsed the outer area of your cat box before coming to the clinic.
Services Currently Deferred:
Due to COVID19 LEVEL 5 restrictions and the impact they have on daily staffing levels [which can also change at short notice], We have had to temporarily defer some non-essential routine appointments such as:
- Nail Clips [These can alternatively be done by your local groomer]
- All nurse clinics incl weight watchers, senior & puppy checkups
Please speak to one of our receptionists on 041-9810000 if you wish to enquire about any of the above appointment types or email the hospital (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We ask for your understanding and co-operation at this time – should your pet need to be added to a waiting list due to restrictions.
FLEA AND WORMING TREATMENTS
If your pet is due either of the above treatments:
- Please email email@example.com or phone 041-9810000: tell us the name of your pet and your address.
- Let us know if you think there has been a change in your pet’s weight (particularly with puppy/kittens) since your last dose – as we may need to adjust the treatment given accordingly.
Our staff will then prepare these and can contact you to take payment over the phone and the items will be ready for collection.
However, in order to reduce un-necessary journeys, We are happy during the Covid-19 period, to POST these to your address (small postage fee will apply) please let us know if you would prefer this option.
FOOD AND PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION ORDERS:
Each day we are experiencing a high volume of calls and emails in relation to orders, Our staff are working hard in these difficult times, to arrange your orders.
Due to the global pandemic of Covid-19 and Brexit, some of our suppliers may be effected; which may cause some delays with supplier orders and some items may take longer then normal to source and have delivered to us. This may also cause alternative products/medications being used. We ask for your understanding should this occur with a particular item you request, we will do our utmost to update you should this happen.
If you (or a friend/family member) are unable to collect medication, please let staff know – it will depend on the type of medication ordered as to whether we can post it of not, but we will be able to advise this on your call. All postage will occur an additional fee and all post&meds must be paid in full prior to postage.
Please follow the guidelines below when placing an order:
- Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance (minimum 24 hrs) to order. Please include your pet name. This will allow us time to prepare the items, have a vet sign off on your order and prepare it for collection.
- Please pay via phone in advance of collection where possible, to reduce waiting time outside the hospital.
- On arrival at hospital to collect items; staff will greet you at the door, they will request the name of your pet and ask what you have ordered (meds or food / both). Please wear your facemask to the door for collection of items.
- Please wait outside (at a safe distance from the doorway) while staff get your items for you, please also maintain a safe social/physical distance from other people on que (if there is one).
- If your items are not pre-paid, payment will be taken at the door – where possible please pay via contactless payment and staff will then give meds/food out to you
WHAT WE ARE DOING:
- Vaccinations (See note below)
- Surgeries (Prioritised by essential/urgent – some routine surgeries (eg, neutering) may be delayed or we may have to implement a waiting list for some proceedures)
- To treat genuine emergency appointment cases (Please phone for appointment)
- Collection of prescription medication
- Collection of Food Orders
Note re: Annual Booster Vaccinations
We have a limited number of vaccination appointments Mon – Sat with appointments available 2:30pm – 5:45pm. We would ask for payment via card where at all possible [as these appointment may be taken by a team who do not have access to the main till].
Our reminder notification’s are sent via email daily – please check your spam folder incase our email is missed. If you are aware your pet is due vaccinations within the next month, please Book ONLINE by selecting “annual vaccination” or “puppy/kitten vaccination” from the list [*any vaccine apt booked under “consultation” & outside of the special vaccine clinic times (noted above), will have their apt re-scheduled to the next available one within the special clinic times]. Alternatively you can call the clinic on 041-9810000 to book an appointment.
If you book via phone or email: A reminder SMS message will go out 24hrs prior to your apt.
If you book via online: A reminder EMAIL message will go out 24hrs prior to your apt.
Please follow the instructions on these messages for specific check-in details. On your arrival for your appointment; please remain in your car and phone the special number to check-in [we are still operating a closed door policy]. Staff will then give you further instructions.
We appreciate your understanding during this time.
Click edit button to change this text.